COREMAGNETICS provides a unique range of services focused on defining the directional flow properties and geometry of hydrocarbon reservoir sandstones, using magnetic techniques.
• Fracture orientation studies, using core goniometry and paleomagnetic re-orientation, to predict directions of fluid flow through fracture networks.
• Predicting sand body geometry and sand fairway orientation from sediment transport directions, defined from the magnetic anisotropy of core samples.
• Determining the direction of maximum permeability and optimum fluid flow through reservoir sandstones from studies of the pore fabric, using the MAGPORE technique.
• Developing refined core correlations and reservoir zonations, using magnetostratigraphy.
• Calibrating high resolution aeromagnetic survey data, by providing accurate information on rock magnetic properties.